At Bill's Berry Farm learning and fun are synonymous and our creative lessons and choices of topic vary depending on the season. We offer educational farm tours for all ages- ranging from preschoolers all the way to senior citizen groups! Allow 1 to 1 ½ hours for the tour depending on the age the tour is geared towards and the type of tour you choose. Groups are free to stay after the tour to play on the playground or use the picnic table area for sack lunches they provide for as long as they desire.
- An age appropriate educational lesson on agriculture in our outdoor classroom
- Hay ride tour of the farm w/ a stop to pick seasonal fruit or plant a seed
- A visit with our "Barnyard Buddies" at the BBF animal farm
- A donut and apple juice snack (coffee or hot cider for adult tours)
Spring Educational Tours
are available Wednesday and Thursday mornings from the third week of May through the first full week of June. We schedule tours at 9:30am, 11:00am and 12:30pm. Please note that if you are a smaller group you may be simultaneously scheduled with another small group. Each group will start at a different station, allowing you to still have a private group tour!
- Signs of Spring Tour children learn about seasons, blooms or bees and pollination, as well as have a hands on experience planting a seed to take home
Fall Educational Tours
are available Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday during the month of October. We schedule tours at 9:30am, 11:00am and 12:30pm. Please note that if you are a smaller group you may be simultaneously scheduled with another small group. Each group will start at a different station, allowing you to still have a private group tour!
- Pumpkin Patch Tour - Students get an agricultural lesson pertaining to fall harvest and pumpkins and a hayride to the pumpkin patch to pick a pumpkin
- Corn Maze Tour - Students learn team building and problem solving skills while playing our mystery game in the corn maze. Much like the board game CLUE, they must work together and find the clues to figure out which barnyard animal kidnapped farmer Bill. Allow 1 ½ hours for the maze tour. Maze tours do NOT receive a hayride, a pumpkin, snack or a visit with our "Barnyard Buddies" animal farm. Student groups must be accompanied by an adult at all times while in the maze.
- Farm History Tour - Suitable for adult tours, this tour includes a history of the farm, as well as a look at how things have changed over the years to what we are doing now. Includes a hayride tour of the farm as well as a stop to pick produce (apples or pumpkins).
$7 per person; $90 minimum per tour
$7/children, $2/parents and grandparents*; $90 minimum per tour group; Teachers and 2 aides per class are FREE
* We encourage children to make this a special event by inviting their parents/grandparents and siblings to meet up with your group at the farm. All siblings old enough to plant the seed/pick the pumpkin and eat the snack will be charged the $5/child fee.
Payment in full is due upon arrival - no exceptions! If you require a purchase order, please plan ahead. Money from children, parents and other guests must be collected and tallied before you arrive so that the organizing teacher can pay in one payment. Personal, school or PTO checks are accepted as well as cash. Please make checks payable to Bill's Berry Farm. We do also accept debit or credit cards.